Machine Learning Engineer (NLP)
We are Legartis, a legal-tech startup helping companies manage their contracts efficiently. We’re growing fast and are expanding our ML team to continue building a product that our clients love, not only because of what it does but also because of how it looks and works.
You will be joining an experienced and growing engineering team to build an innovative product in the legal tech space. Primarily, you will be working in Python and develop solutions performing complex text processing and analysis tasks. You will use Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to build tools and algorithms for reliable, low-latency, ad-hoc insights into data from unstructured legal documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply the latest algorithms in ML & NLP to develop key software features for legal tech products
- Develop solutions in (un)supervised text classification, document zoning and segmentation, named entity recognition, information retrieval, and relation extraction
- Help develop data annotation processes and guidelines
- Co-develop the product with the whole team
- Degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science with a focus on ML & NLP
- Experience with selecting and applying ML & NLP algorithms to build systems that learn from structured and unstructured data
- Proficient scientific programmer in Python (especially scikit-learn), and fluent in statistics and algorithms
- Open for change, are honest, have a genuine interest in people, work smart, have a passion for innovation, show your commitment and want to enjoy work and have fun whilst giving your best!
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience in project management and leading a team
- Experience with NLP for the German language
- Contributed to software products or research where ML & NLP played a major role, actively following the latest ML & NLP trends
- Experience with working in agile, product-driven environment
- Expertise with TensorFlow including visualisation using Tensorboard, or related Deep Learning frameworks (Keras, DyNet, PyTorch etc.)
- A growing start-up, the team grew 500% last year (!)
- A supportive work culture where everyone is committed to building a successful company
- Possibility of options/equity in the company (ESOP)
- Healthy snacks in the office
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We can't wait to hear from you!