Finance Manager: Business Analysis and Financial Planning
You will join us as the first member of the finance team, reporting directly to the CEO. We're looking for an experienced, multi-faceted person as we continue to grow. This new position will take the reins and direct the development of our financial team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong financial planning & analysis background, ideally in recurring revenue and/or software businesses. We have B2B revenue streams, recurring and non-recurring solutions. We're looking for someone who goes through every project, every investment, to identify opportunities, improve projections, and measure returns. You will leverage your love of numbers and passion for great business outcomes to develop a detailed understanding of both the strategy and financials of our full range of businesses. By making numbers relevant for everyone, you aim to provide a clear basis for informed business decision-making. You are open-minded and you have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Your background qualifies you to function as a bridge between accounting and operations. Your communication skills and gravitas enable you to provide key analysis to support the CEO. Beyond your responsibility, you want to help to build a great company that shapes tomorrow’s legaltech industry.
- Determine the most important numbers (including cash and operating metrics) and develop reports to provide these proactively
- FP&A: Lead business and financial planning activities, P&L forecasts, strategic finance reviews and recommendations, etc.
- Bridge the gap between strategy/vision and execution, with an important emphasis on managing cash flow and working with our accountant
- Bring an operational approach to the finance function and help the business to tell the story via turning data into intelligent information that is actionable
- Work with various teams to deliver compelling financial data and KPIs, executing ad-hoc analysis as needed with internal, as well as external data
- Build financial models with sound analysis to future-proof the company, be it for business cases, for clients or for us
- Control activity: Work closely with the accounting teams to set up management control models and financial reconciliation, ensuring that A/R and A/P are managed accurately and timely
- Fundraising: Support the CEO in future financing rounds from a finance perspective
- Accounting: Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts for investors, review quarterly VAT returns, liaise with our external accountants to make sure that our book keeping is spotless
- At least 3 years as a financial and/or business analyst
- Hands-on experience with financial models
- Experience working in a fast paced technology company preferred, but not required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- You are a MS Excel wizard!
- Used to working autonomously and liaising with third parties (e.g. auditors)
- Ability to communicate clearly within cross-functional teams
- Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Opportunity to shape and lead the financial development at Legartis
- The chance to take on an exciting role in a fast-growing start-up (the team grew by 500% last year)
- Young, talented, motivated, positive and humorous team
- Supportive work culture, in which everyone is committed to building a successful business
- Fair and competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options (ESOP)
- Open culture with flat hierarchies and honest, direct feedback
- 5 weeks vacation with the possibility to take an additional 2 weeks unpaid vacation
- Regular team events
- Modern, cozy office in a central location with coffee and fresh fruits